The 48th ESBOC Symposium will take place at Gregynog (nr. Newtown, Wales) on 16th-18th May 2014, starting at 3.00 pm on Friday 16th May.
The 48th Symposium is entitled “Biological applications of supramolecular chemistry”, and the Chair is Prof. Jose Luis Mascareñas (CIQUS, Universidade de Santiago de Compostela).
The scope of the meeting will include the design and application of a range of supramolecular chemical structures for biological applications.
Plenary speakers are:
- Vincent Rotello (UMass Amherst),
- William Shih (Harvard Medical School),
- David Leigh (Manchester),
- Christopher Hunter (Sheffield),
- Stefan Matile (Geneva),
- Annette Beck-Sickinger (Leipzig),
- Luisa De Cola (Strasbourg),
- Luc Brunsveld (Eindhoven),
- Eric Meggers (Marburg), and
- Luis Castro (UCB Pharma).
There are several slots available for short talks, intended for younger academics with research interests relevant to the scientific session, for which applicants can apply upon registration. We strongly encourage postdocs and PhD students to attend, and there will be a poster session at the meeting.
The cost of registration is £330 for academic participants (£250 for PhD students), £495 for industrial participants, which includes accommodation and meals at Gregynog.